I like trying new recipes. The other day I was looking for something simple, good (hopefully) and quick to prepare. Then I came across this delicious recipe. It is truly finger licking good!
The first step is to make the guacamole.
- 2 avocados (mashed)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 tomato (finely diced)
- ¼ red onion (finely diced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together.
The second step is to make the grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 3 or 4 mushrooms
- 2 slices of bread
- Butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons of guacamole (room temperature)
- Cook bacon until crisp and golden, then set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are brownish and set aside with the bacon.
- Butter each slice of bread (one side only). Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese onto one slice of bread and add the guacamole, bacon, mushrooms and remaining cheese. Then cover with the second slice
- Cook over medium heat until the bread is golden/brown. After 2 or 3 minutes, turn the sandwich over. The cheese will melt at the same time.
One “yummy” sandwich.